Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Thursday, February 18, 2016

You Can't Make Old Friends


Today I am thinking of my sister-in-law who lost her friend last week. This was the friend that had been with her since public school days. They were still very much in each other's life. Maralee posted the lovely song by Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton "You Can't Make Old Friends" in tribute to their friendship. A love like that helps heals the wounds of loss.
Tonight I will be having supper with two old friends. We make the effort to stay in touch with each other too. There is a comfort in knowing these two women for such a long time. They know my history and stories. I know theirs. We will laugh, we will know, we will just be tonight. 
I do find though that these long term friendships guide me in making new friends. When new people come into my life and feel comfortable and easy to be with, I an eager to develop that old friend feeling. Friends, spending time with people who feel good to be around, that warms my heart on these cold winter days. 
Today I am so happy to have old friends to share the day with. I am also happy that I can receive the gift of new friends who show me new journeys and joy. 
May the blessing of friendship guide you today.
Marilyn Shannon
Helping More People Be Fearless and Find Peace for Their Soul
info@kingstonpsychic.com if you would like to find the blessings in your life

No comments:

Post a Comment